Sunday, December 03, 2006

What I Love About Christmas

It is not presents, decorations, lights, or candy, though those are all wonderful things. What I love is people. I love that many many people strive to be more like Christ by putting others before themselves. This is truly the spirit of Christmas. As Moroni wrote:

45 And charity suffereth long, and is kind, and envieth not, and is not puffed up, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil, and rejoiceth not in iniquity but rejoiceth in the truth, beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
46 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, if ye have not charity, ye are nothing, for charity never faileth. Wherefore, cleave unto charity, which is the greatest of all, for all things must fail—
47 But charity is the pure love of Christ, and it endureth forever; and whoso is found possessed of it at the last day, it shall be well with him (Book of Mormon | Moroni 7:45 - 47).

I do not know what could be greater than having the “pure love of Christ”. I hope that we can all try to become more like Jesus Christ. I know that if I will strive to have charity in my heart, I will grow nearer to Jesus Christ as I become more like him. I pray that we can all have the “pure love of Christ,” in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment