Saturday, December 02, 2006

Love

Love is the one word central in the first and second great commandments of the Lord:

36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38 This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself (New Testament | Matthew 22:36 - 39).

I know that when we learn to love the world is a better place. Disputes will be avoided. Hate will end. Happiness is the result.

I know that when I make a greater effort to love I am happier, as are those around me. I know that my marriage is stronger as I strive to show my wife love by serving her and my children are happier and learn to love when I show them loving by serving them. As the Apostle Paul wrote to the Galatians: "For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another" (New Testament | Galatians 5:13).

Our Heavenly Father and our brother Jesus Christ set the ultimate examples of love. Heavenly Father sent his only son begotten in the flesh knowing exactly what pains he would endure. Jesus Christ willingly agreed in the life before this to be tortured and humiliated at the hands of men. I believe that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ did these things out of love, with such a depth that we cannot understand. I sincerely hope that each of us on this Earth will strive to love one another as Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love each of us. It is my testimony that love brings down walls, breaks barriers, softens hearts, leads to charity, and is the cure for what ills this world. I write this my testimony, in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment