Monday, December 04, 2006

Knowledge of the Truth

The Holy Ghost has confirmed to me many times that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is God’s true church on this Earth. However, I often feel like I do not know as much as I should about the scriptures. I found comfort in this observation by Alma the Younger of his long time friends, the sons King Mosiah: “They had waxed strong in the knowledge of the truth; for they were men of a sound understanding and they had searched the scriptures diligently, that they might know the word of God (Book of Mormon | Alma 17:2).” As simplistic as it is, I know it to be a true principal that “a sound understanding” will be achieved by “searching the scriptures diligently.” When I evaluate only the past year of my life, my understanding of the gospel and its doctrine has increased substantially. I challenge you to “search the scriptures diligently” so that you might “wax strong in the knowledge of truth” by “knowing the word of God.” I know that the action on our part of diligently searching will result in the knowledge of the truth. This is my testimony that I offer in the name of our Savior, Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment