Wednesday, February 06, 2008

An Apostle Teaches Us About Goal Setting

One of the of Jesus Christ’s modern day Twelve Apostles has taught us how to achieve significant results in our lives:

“I am so thoroughly convinced that if we don’t set goals in our life and learn how to master the techniques of living to reach our goals, we can reach a ripe old age and look back on our life only to see that we reached but a small part of our full potential. When one learns to master the principles of setting a goal, he will then be able to make a great difference in the results he attains in this life.”
-Elder M. Russell Ballard in a talk given to Salt Lake Area Young Adults, October 18, 1981.

I have learned in both the professional and personal spheres that goal setting is a vital key to success. We can proactively make goals in every aspect and sub-aspect of our lives that we want to stretch our abilities or results in. When I constantly push myself for more, I always achieve more. When I do not push myself, I always achieve much less. I testify that this is a true principle, in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment