Thursday, February 07, 2008

A New Prophet, Seer, and Revelator

I love how the next President of our church is chosen seamlessly, without politicking. It has been decided in this manner since the Lord reveled how the next President should be when Brigham Young succeed the Prophet of the restoration, Joseph Smith.

The new President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, who has also been set apart as and is a Prophet, Seer, and Revelator, is Thomas Spencer Monson. Just the other day I read something President Monson said in June of 2004 that is now written on the whiteboard in my office because of its business application: “When performance is measured, performance improves. When performance is measured and reported, the rate of improvement accelerates.”

I know this is a true principle. It applies to our own accountability in our church assignments. This principle applies in our personal lives. I have found I am more likely to exercise and lift weights when I measure and record exactly what I do each day. This principle applies to work. Transparency to others in one’s performance always leads to an improved performance.

I know Thomas S. Monson is called of God. I am thankful to have a living prophet who leads and guides this church, who clarifies doctrine in a confused world filled with the philosophies of men, and who receives revelation from God in my behalf and in behalf of over other inhabitant of this Earth. I know this is true because I have done as we are invited to do in James 1:5 (KJV) “If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.”

I have asked God. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is true. We do have living prophets on this Earth today. Thomas S. Monson is one of these prophets. I say this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment