Tuesday, July 01, 2008

God Will Sustain Us

I have a heavy heart as of late. Some of my friends are struggling, and though they may not know it, I struggle with them. I am temporarily separated from my wife and children, which pains me to no end. I am frustrated with my own weaknesses. Our alleged leadership in Congress drives me absolutely crazy with their complete disdain for what is best for America, their disdain for economic levers, and their actions that seem to imply only a concern for person gain in either wealth or power as they play party politics.


However, it is my faith that sustains me. My faith allows me to realize that this is a promised land, a land ordained by God. I know that there will be trials, that you and I each have our own individual mountains to climb. But I also know that God gives us these trials to strengthen us. I know, yes, I KNOW, I have absolutely no doubt that in the end, all will be well.


I have a testimony that God, the Father and his son, Jesus Christ, that together they appeared to Joseph Smith. I know Jesus and he knows me perfectly. I know that Heavenly Father has a plan and a purpose for me. And I know that whatever mistake is made it can be overcome, resolved, and is forgotten by God through the atonement of Jesus Christ.


Saturday I had a wonderful day. I spent most of the day reading and listening to the Holy Ghost. He spoke comfort to my soul. He brought peace into my heart. He directed me to attend the temple, though I still am unsure why. I am left to assume it was for someone else, perhaps the person whose work I performed or perhaps the people who recognized me in the temple. Regardless, I know I was supposed to be there. I went, didn’t miss a beat, returned home, and finished my book. It was like I had been carried to the temple at the specific time I needed to go and carried back, like it did not take any time out of my day.


Then as I finished by book, I finished it overcome in tears because the Holy Ghost testified to me of the power of the Priesthood. The Holy Ghost testified to me to not fear in these, the last days, where calamity and strife will sure surely increase, because God is with us. Our ancestors are with us. They are cheering us along, hoping and praying we make the right choices, hoping for an opportunity to help us.


I feel that things are going to get worse before they get better in this world. But I know that God not only is there, willing to help, but he is there desiring to comfort us. There will certainly be trials. It takes resistance to build strength. But when we look back, when I look back specifically at my life, I can see the hands of God impacting all that I have done. I can see where the trials I have faced have led me to where I am today. I can see how those trials have built my faith and my testimony.


I am a son of God. I wish only to share with you the light and knowledge he has blessed me with because I feel like one of the gifts God has granted me is to express the thoughts of my heart with words. I know that My Redeemer Lives! I know that there is a prophet on this Earth today. I know that there are two scriptural witnesses of Jesus Christ, a stick of Judah and a stick of Joseph. I share with you my testimony and these thoughts from my heart, in Jesus’ sacred name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment