Thursday, June 17, 2010

Know ye not that ye are in the hands of God?

Today while search the scriptures for answers to questions I have in life I came across this powerful verse:
Know ye not that ye are in the hands of God? Know ye not that he hath all power, and at his great command the earth shall be rolled together as a scroll? -Mormon 5:23
What a fantastic lesson and reminder! Sometimes situations in life that seem so dire are truly of little consequence when we look at them through the scope of the grand plan of salvation. Even still, we are in the hands of an all-knowing, all-loving God who understands how we feel no matter how significant the issue in our lives may be!

The Lord also helps us in the small things. Recently my home teacher told a story in elder's quorum about the spirit telling him to not pay out of his own pocket to upgrade to first class (he's a very big guy, coach much be exceptionally uncomfortable for him). Unfortunately, this elicited muffled laughs from some in the quorum, but the spirit witnessed to me the truth of his story. Further, I knew it to be true because I know his character and I know that God is truly aware of and concerned with the smallest things in our lives.

Often patience is the key because the Lord always keeps his promises. Our Heavenly Father repeated a particular promise through his prophets at least 17 times in the Book of Mormon. One example is this:
And behold, all that he requires of you is to keep his commandments; and he has promised you that if ye would keep his commandments ye should prosper in the land; and he never doth vary from that which he hath said; therefore, if ye do keep his commandments he doth bless you and prosper you. -Mosiah 2:22
I know that I am most definitely "in the hands of God"! I have seen and felt him lift me up so many times. I know that with patience that if I do my part--keeping the commandments--God knows what is best of me, and will proper my family and I. Of course patients is the most difficult part, but I know this principle to be true.

No comments:

Post a Comment