Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Mormon Church's Response to 'Big Love'

I belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, often referred to as The Mormon Church or the Mormons. Tonight the HBO series Big Love will portray a scene meant to imitate some parts of the ceremony members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints participate in while attending the sacred temple. I do not know what exactly Big Love intends to portray nor do I know anything regarding its accuracy. What I do know of and can speak authoritatively on are my own personal experiences in the temple.

I know the temple is the house of God. I can feel the Lord's presence nearer whenever I am in a temple stronger than anywhere else I have ever been in this world. When I attend I feel a peace in my soul, unlike any other experience I have had, regardless of if the temple is in Atlanta, New York City, or Stockholm. This peace is the true happiness God intended for each of us to have. It is the feeling of the world and this life making sense. There is a direct correlation between my temple attendance and my ability to live a Christlike life. The more people that are able to prepare themselves to enter the temple and consistently worship there, the better place this world will be. I know this is true from the bottom of my heart and depths of my soul through my own personal experience.

The Church has published an official response to the 'Big Love' episode. More importantly, it has released the following video, Why Mormons Build Temples.

I hope your Sabbath day has been one spiritual one and I hope we can all love one another a little bit more.

Scott


No comments:

Post a Comment