Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Receiving a Remission of Sins

"And I will tell you of the wrestle which I had before God, before I received a remission of my sins.

Behold, I went to hunt beasts in the forests; and the words which I had often heard my father speak concerning eternal life, and the joy of the saints, sunk deep into my heart.

And my soul hungered; and I kneeled down before my Maker, and I cried unto him in mighty prayer and supplication for mine own soul; and all the day long did I cry unto him; yea, and when the night came I did still raise my voice high that it reached the heavens.

And there came a voice unto me, saying: Enos, thy sins are forgiven thee, and thou shalt be blessed.

And I, Enos, knew that God could not lie; wherefore, my guilt was swept away.

And I said: Lord, how is it done?

And he said unto me: Because of thy faith in Christ, whom thou hast never before heard nor seen. And many years pass away before he shall manifest himself in the flesh; wherefore, go to, thy faith hath made thee whole" (Enos 1:2-8).

I know that we can all be forgiven of our sins in the same way Enos was. I know because I have been forgiven of my sins and the power of the Atonement of Christ has taken hold in my life making me whole again. We won't necessarily hear the voice of God, though that is possible, but God will certainly speak to us through the feelings and thoughts given to us by the Holy Ghost.

I know that God live and he answers prayers, including granting forgiveness to anyone who has sinned. It is never too late to repent and return to God. Of this I testify in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment