Monday, November 14, 2005

Jesus Christ is the Redeemer of the World!

Through personal experience I know of the healing power offered by Jesus Christ whom Elder Russell M. Nelson perfectly called The Master Healer. Sin is a dark abyss filled with doubt, fear, and shame. Satan puts thoughts in our minds intended to make repentance seem impossible. Oh how wrong such feelings are! Our Father in Heaven does surely love us all! He will forgive all of our sins!

The Anti-Nephi-Lehies (Book of Mormon | Alma 23&24) were once a Godless, murderous people. However, these people repented of their sins, gave up their former lifestyle, and literally buried their weapons of war in the ground, choosing to accept death rather than ever shedding the blood of a man again. I know that by burying our weapons, or in more literal terms, leaving our sins behind and remembering them no more, we can allow our weaknesses to become strengths! The Lord has said several times that once we seek forgiveness, he will remember our sins no more (Jeremiah 31:34, Hebrews 8:12, Hebrews 10:17, Doctrine and Covenants 58:42). If God is greater than us all, why would we burden ourselves with resolved matters?

We all sin, this is an absolute. However, sin can be cleansed. Jesus Christ made the ultimate sacrifice for each of us. In Gethsemane he suffered so greatly that “his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground” (New Testament | Luke 22:44).

Jesus Christ knows each of us individually. I have a testimony that he knows me. He knows my weaknesses, my strength, my talents, everything about me. I desire to draw closer to him every single day. I know without my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, I would not be capable of overcoming my weaknesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment